FREE TASTER SESSION/FIRST SESSION
Please find information below which we hope will be useful – feel free to ask any questions.
TRAINING TAKES PLACE TWICE PER WEEK
Monday at 19.30 until 21.30.
Wednesday at 19.30 until 21.30.
A committee member will try to be waiting to welcome you but if that is not possible, please make your way upstairs (main entrance, to the right). There will be a ‘sign-in’ sheet that needs to be read and signed. Committee members will be wearing name badges for easy identification (when possible).
The Albemarle Centre door is generally kept locked after the session starts, but there is a Taunton Longswords doorbell button that, when pressed, alerts us that you are outside (only use this if the door is locked).
WHAT SHOULD I WEAR / BRING?
- Comfortable clothing you can move around in. NO skinny jeans!
- Most of us wear sports clothes and t-shirts,
- Bring along some indoor-only sports shoes (this means a SEPARATE pair of shoes and not the ones you walk around in outside),
- A change of clothes if you like, in case you want to come along to the pub afterwards.
There are toilets you can change in. There is also water available in the training room, but you are welcome to bring your own.
WHERE SHOULD I PARK?
The address is Ablemarle Centre, Albemarle Road, Taunton, TA1 1BA. You can park in either Albemarle Road (limited), Belvedere Road (limited), Morrisons (short walk) or the swimming pool car park in Belvedere Road (short walk).
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
Taster sessions are two hours and will consist of:
- Short verbal introduction
- Very quick, low impact warm up/stretch
- Longsword introduction class
- Debrief / social at The Plough pub afterwards!
DO I HAVE TO JOIN IN?
You do not have to join in with anything you are not comfortable with. We welcome people watching through observation as well as practice. If you are in any doubt, or have concerns or questions, please speak to a committee member / instructor.
We look forward to meeting you!